I’ve had an interest for the outdoors since my parents took me hiking during summer holidays. Since high school this interest turned into a passion and the main goal of my life became to explore the world and different natural environments.
This started by doing long-distance hikes (the length of New Zealand, Pyrenean High Route, Sierra High Route and many more) and then turned towards setting Fastest Known Times on some of the most epic trails in the world (Pacific Crest Trail, Appalachian Trail).
Mountain running makes me feel as free and happy as I’ll ever be, and to me it is a learnful experience every single time to chase the limits of my mind and body.
- 2020: Winner of the 2020 World Champion Backyard Ultra
- 2019: Last man standing on the infamous Barkley Marathons
- 2018: FKT of the Year Award
- 2018: nr 1 out of 10 ‘redefiners of human limits’ by Outside magazine
- 2018: Appalachian Trail speed record – 41days 7hours 39min – Current record holder (official Guinness World Records Holder)
- 2016: Pacific Crest Trail speed record – 52days 8hours 25min – Current record holder (official Guinness World Records Holder)
- 2016: Marathon des Sables – Top 40
- 2015: Coast to coast (NZ)